Discover the joy of learning with our 5 Senses Printable Craft, perfect for preschoolers and homeschooling. This fun, interactive craft activity engages children’s curiosity about sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell.
Learning about the five senses is crucial in early childhood education, as it lays the foundation for children’s understanding of their environment and how they interact with the world around them. As a teacher or parent, know that teaching the five senses not only enriches children’s perceptual abilities but also enhances their cognitive development, critical thinking, and language skills.
By exploring sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell, children become more aware of their bodies and develop essential observational and exploring abilities. Making slime is a great way to use your senses and allow kids to explore while teaching about each sense. Try making our DIY Scented Strawberry Slime. What kid doesn’t love slime?
- Construction Paper
- 5 Senses Printable
How To Use 5 Senses Printable Craft
- Print the PDF Document
- Cut Out the Sensory Pieces
- Carefully cut out the images representing each of the five senses: nose (smell), mouth (taste), hands (touch), eyes (sight), and ears (hearing).
- Gather Construction Paper
- Select a piece of construction paper as the base for the craft and choose a color that will make the sensory pieces stand out.
- Glue the Sensory Pieces down by applying glue to the back of each cut-out sensory piece.
- Arrange and glue each piece onto the construction paper, correlating to its meaning.
Tips and Tricks
- There are three separate printables in the PDF document. You can use one and allow them to color their senses before cutting out, or use the colored cutouts they choose.
- Instead of labeling with the cutout words, you can have them practice writing and label them themselves.
- Once the printable is made, read a book about the five senses and have them visually see the senses as they follow along in the book.
Books About The Senses
- Our Amazing Senses Book Set: A great way to learn what are your five senses. Each book focuses on an individual sense and helps explain what makes them possible and how they work. You’ll also love doing the quiz at the end of each book with your children.
- Can You Smell Breakfast: While using her senses the girl in the book tries to help her mom decide what dad is cooking for breakfast. This book is a fun way to understand how your senses work and what a gift they are.
- Curious George Discovers The Senses: George is always trying to discover something new. With real photos and activities, this book helps take your child on an adventure of all five senses.
- My Five Senses: This book allows your kid to learn about the five senses through the bright pictures. Allowing them to learn in a fun way.
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable found on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.