What is better than Apple Pie? Mini Apple Pie cups! These Apple Pie Cups are the perfect bite size versions of your favorite All-American pie. The best part? This is a 2 ingredient treat that takes just 20 minutes to pull together!
Apple Pie Cups
I know this may be a little controversial, but I love pie more than cake, especially apple pie! Some days, I whip together a No-Bake Grasshopper Pie or a Strawberry Hand Pie, but sometimes I don’t want to wait until Thanksgiving for a piece of delicious, warm apple pie. So these Apple Pie Cups are perfect to curb the craving and give me a taste of my favorite fall dessert.
The best part about these Apple Pie Cups is that you need only 2 ingredients and 20 minutes to make them! So grab your pie filling and refrigerated cinnamon roll dough and get baking.
Since we first made these, my whole family loves them, they can’t get enough of them. You won’t have to worry about leftovers because these warm and gooey treats are going to be gone within 10 minutes of coming out of the oven!
Are these Apple Pie Cups hard to make?
These Apple Pie Cups are so simple to make. So grab your cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling and get baking.
Apple Pie Cups
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
- 1 can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling (coarsely chopped)
How to Make Apple Pie Cups
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a muffin tin by greasing the muffin cups.
- Separate dough and press into and up sides of muffin cups. You should have 8 rolls to make 8 cups.
- Spoon about two generous tablespoons of apple pie filling into each cinnamon roll.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until rolls are golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes then drizzle the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls over the top.
Tips, Tricks, and FAQs
- Try making these Pie Cups with different kinds of pie filling for a different flavor. Berry or cherry work great.
- You can make these Pie Cups with a mini muffin tin as well. Cut the cinnamon rolls in half before squishing them into the muffin tin.
- Serve these mini pie cups warm with vanilla ice cream for a fun dessert rather than a sweet mid-afternoon snack.
Store any leftovers in an air-tight container on the counter. These will keep for up to 4 days. Over time the cinnamon rolls will become soggy as they sit.
You can eat your leftovers warm or at room temperature.
If you want to want them warm, warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds until they reach your desired temperature.