Save a spot in your child’s favorite chapter book with this cute Turkey Bookmark! Perfect to make during the harvest Fall months at school or at home. Your kids will never lose their reading spot as they gobble up their books!
Turkey Bookmark Craft
This simple bookmark craft is easy to make and will encourage your child to read in a fun way! It requires minimal supplies that you may already have in the classroom or at home.
Not quite ready to join our email list where we share free and paid products and fun ideas? That is ok! Purchase the template below!
How to Make A Papercraft Turkey Bookmark
- Select Fall inspired construction paper for the turkey bookmark craft. The template includes the following patterns: head, lower body, legs, wattle, beak, and wings. Trace the template patterns on the selected craft papers and cut out the traced pattern.
- Attach the 2 tail feather patterns together, with the small pattern placed to the front.
- Attach the leg cutouts on the bottom side of the lower body (big oval shape) cutout and attach the wattle cutout on the head cutout.
- Attach the wing cutouts on both sides of the body pattern and attach the beak cut out on the top of the wattle pattern.
- Attach the head pattern on the top side of the body pattern.
- Attach the tail feather pattern on the backside of the turkey body pattern. Use a sharpie to draw the face of the papercraft turkey figure.
- Take a piece of square paper.
- Fold the paper in half, diagonally.
- Fold half of the closed side inside and align it along the middle by joining the corners.
- Similarly, fold and join the other side’s corner and then unfold both sides.
- Fold the top layer’s open corner in half by joining the corner with the closed side. This will form a pocket.
- Fold a side as we did in step 9.
- Fold half of the side inside the pocket layer.
- Similarly, fold the other side inside the pocket layer.
- Attach the papercraft turkey figure on the triangle side of the origami bookmark.
- Place a page inside the origami pattern’s pocket to use the craft a bookmark
Tips and Tricks
- Find your favorite book about Thanksgiving or gratitude and give this bookmark a try.
- Small chapter books can be typically read by 7 year olds, and the difficulty of the bookmark is just right for their age range.
- Teachers can use this craft as an activity for first graders+ The kids will love the visual reminder of gratitude and that Thanksgiving break is coming soon!
- This craft can be an at home activity as well. Connect with your child by making this cute bookmark with them. Encourage them to read today!
More Ideas For Thanksgiving Crafts with Kids
- Write a gratitude list with your kids. Gratitude helps stimulate feelings of joy and a more positive mindset.
- Go to a farm that raises turkeys and ask if you can help feed them. You’re sure to get some giggles and amazing expressions from your kids!
- Read a book about Thanksgiving with your child.
- Print out a large picture of a turkey and write what you are grateful for on each of the feathers.
- Have a turkey coloring contest in your family. Offer a prize for the best-colored picture!
- Construction paper
- Glue Stick
- Sharpie or gel pen
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or received in your email. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.