We are absolutely in love with this DIY Mermaid Tail Bookmark craft! It is so fun to make, and it makes reading so much more magical!
Between this adorable DIY Mermaid Tail Bookmark craft and my Mixed Media Mermaid Art, I don’t know what is more adorable!
Mermaids are the big thing right now and for good reason! They provide a sense of imagination and fun to all the Mermaid lovers.
The great thing about this project is that you can completely customize the look of your bookmark by choosing the colors and sequins to make it just how you like it! I can’t wait for you to give this one a try!
How to Make a DIY Mermaid Tail Bookmark
- Take 2 same-colored paper of two different shades for the mermaid tail base pattern. Then select the cardstock paper for the bookmark base.
- Now, you need to trace the bookmark base (rectangle) on the cardstock paper. Then trace the mermaid tail shape on the colored paper and inner pattern (includes the scales and stripes) should be traced on the different shades on the paper.
- Once you traced everything, then you can start cutting. Cut all the traced patterns out.
- Take the mermaid tail base and attach the scale cut-outs on the mermaid tail base (except the tail part)
- On the tail part, attach the tail strips cut-outs on the tail part of the mermaid base
- Now, we need to attach the top side of the mermaid tail pattern to the bookmark base. The tail pattern can be overlapped one another a little.
- Apply glue dots in places where you can add the sequins on the mermaid tail. Place the sequins on the glue dots and press them against the dot gently.
- You can add as many sequins you want as you like on the mermaid base. Allow the glue to dry completely before using the bookmark
These mermaid bookmarks are one of the easiest bookmarks to make and your kids will love them! With the provided pattern they will be able to quickly create their very own bookmark to mark their page in their favorite book.
How Do I Access My Free Template?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed you will be taken to Airtable (a different website) where all our free templates will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.
More Mermaid Fun!
Do you have the ultimate mermaid lover? Grab her a mermaid bathing suit set so she can be a mermaid in the pool or at the beach!
Don’t forget to get a Mermaid book so that you can use your Mermaid bookmark! We love Mermaid and Me as a perfect book that is Mermaid inspired!
Ready for more craft projects? Try these!
To find how to make this DIY Mermaid Tail Bookmark pin for later!