Create your own DIY spin art machine with your salad spinner. Your kids will love creating fun art projects all summer long with this salad spinner art.
DIY Spin Art Machine
My kids love doing fun art projects throughout the whole summer. Last year they were wanting to do spin art, but I was cringing about the mess of this art project. So I thought about how we could create a DIY spin art machine with very little mess. At that exact moment, I saw my salad spinner and thought, YESSSS! I am so excited to share with you how to make spin art in your salad spinner!
Ready for more fun art projects? Check these out!
- 3×3 flat canvas panels or heavy cardstock
- Tempera paint
- Salad spinner
How to Make Spin Art in the Salad Spinner
- Place canvas in the basket of the salad spinner.
- Drop or squirt paint onto the canvas.
- Close the salad spinner and press the pump several times to spin.
- Remove the lid to view the art.
- Add additional paint if desired and repeat the spinning process.
- When done, remove the canvas from the salad spinner and place somewhere flat to allow it to dry.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- If you don’t have a canvas, use heavy cardstock or even white paper plates.
- You can spin multiple colors at once if you would like.
- Once you spin art in your salad spinner I recommend not using it for food again.
- Get creative! Use your salad spinner art project creations to make all kinds of things.
What kind of paint should I use?
In this project, we used tempera paint. You can use any water-based, acrylic paint as well. Be sure you do not use oil-based paint because these are not kid-friendly.
What is the best salad spinner to use?
There are so many options when it comes to salad spinners. Time and time again people recommend the IKEA salad spinner because it is really inexpensive. I love using my OXO salad spinner. I have had it ever since I got married and have now converted it to our craft spinner and is a really great quality product. I love that kids can actually spin their art easily with it even at a young age.
What kinds of spin art projects can you create with your kids? Share in the comments!