Mindfulness crafts for kids are the perfect way for your kids to explore their creative side while developing their mindfulness techniques. These types can be as simple as you wish or super complex, involving several materials and different types of art media.
Mindfulness crafts for kids help them focus on the present, increase self-awareness, and help reduce stress and anxiety. While kids work on different mindfulness crafts, they can develop more patience, create a calm space, and stay centered. Get ready to explore some of our favorite mindfulness crafts for kids.
What is mindful art for kids?
Mindful art is a newer approach to helping kids with different mindfulness techniques. It involved using art as a tool to help kids focus their attention on the present moment. It also helps kids begin to understand their thoughts and feelings and develop a calm and relaxing way to deal with life’s big emotions.
Mindful art for kids comes in all different varieties, from coloring to sculpting to painting and more. The focus is not on creating a perfect piece of art, but it is on the process of creating and being present in the moment during creating.
As you encourage your kids to engage in mindfulness art activities, you can help them develop important skills like self-awareness, emotional regulation, and ways to reduce stress while they have fun developing their creativity.
20 Mindfulness Crafts for Kids
- Zentangle Hands Art Project by Messy Little Monster
- Bumble Bee Garden Rocks by Frosting & Glue
- 20 Free Kindness Coloring Pages to Inspire Your Kids to Be Kind by Rock Painting Guide
- Scented, Non-toxic Play Dough Recipe by A Ranch Mom
- Fairy Glow Jars – Mindfulness Activity for Kids by LIghtly Sketched
- How to Make Petal Art for Absolute Beginners by GinGin & Roo
- Spring Color by Number by Confessions of Parenting
- Make: Miniature Peace Gardens – A Mindful Art Activity for Kids by Barley and Birch
- How to Make a Journal – Mindful Journal for Kids by Red Ted Art
- Alphabet Sensory Bottle by The Best Ideas for Kids
- Fall Color by Number by Confessions of Parenting
- Spring Salt Painting by The Best Ideas for Kids
- Make: Magic Zen Meditation Jars (With Eco-Friendly Glitter!) by Barley & Birch
- Clover Sensory Bin by Frosting & Glue
- Loom Knit Hat by AB Crafty
- Flextangles – Paper Toys (Free Printable Templates) by Lightly Sketched
- Emotions Coloring Page by Two Pink Peonies
- Fruit Painted Kindness Rocks by Sustain My Craft Habit
- Fun Mindfulness Activities for Kids: 6 Free PDF Printables by Moms Woo Save
- Scented Strawberry Slime Recipe by Frosting & Glue