Did you know that President’s Day was originally created to celebrate our first US president George Washington for his birthday? It was eventually changed to celebrate our presidents from both our nation’s past and present. This holiday is a great day to remember the history of our country and how we have been able to become the country that we are now. I love teaching my kids about history and I know they are going to have so much fun making these President’s Day Crafts for Kids while they learn.
One of the best parts about a national holiday like President’s Day is that you can celebrate it with patriotic symbols and colors. I like to incorporate patriotism when we are learning about any President because our country was shaped into what it is now because of them. I know that you’ll really enjoy these patriotic and presidential crafts.
President’s Day Crafts for Kids
One way that I like to help my kids learn about a certain subject is to use fun activities. One of my favorite activities for President’s Day is these adorable Fun Fourth of July Color By Number Sheets. It’s such a fun way to learn about different colors and follow directions. My kids love being able to put their skills to the test to color these cute patriotic photos.
Kids will love this challenging word search that tests their reading and spelling skills. This Free Fun and Easy US President’s Word Search is a great way to learn all about our country’s leaders, from George Washington to George Bush!
Supplies Needed To Make President’s Day Crafts for Kids
Here are some of the essential supplies you should have on hand to make these fun and patriotic crafts:
- Patriotic Ribbon: You can make some really cute bows and streamers with this.
- Paint: Make sure to find a pretty red, white, and blue.
- Popsicle Sticks: I love using these to make structures or to hold little flags.
- Colored Craft Paper: You need this to make some cute crafts, but make sure to have a lot of colors on hand to get creative.
- Tissue Paper: This is a great material for making sun catchers.
- Craft Pom Poms: There are some adorable eagle crafts that will use these.
- Glue: This is a great simple glue to use for most of these materials.
- Hot Glue Gun: Some of the materials may need hot glue to hold together the best.
- Scissors: Here are some trusty scissors to cut up your materials with.
- Paper Plates: You may even have these on hand, but this is a great material for crafting.
- Mason Jars: You can make some pretty crafts using mason jars.
President’s Day Crafts for Kids
Presidents Day activities for Preschoolers by The Primary Parade
Best 4th of July Handprint Crafts – Uncle Sam and Bald Eagle by Artsy Craftsy Mom
Uncle Sam Hat Craft (Free Printable!) by Simply Full of Delight
American Flag Dot Marker Printable by Two Pink Peonies
4 Fun Crafts for Presidents’ Day by Crafts by Amanda
Eagle Craft (with Free Printable Template) by In the Bag Kids Crafts
Learning Patriotic Symbols Free Printable 4th of July Book by A Little Pinch of Perfect
Easy Firework Art Project for Preschoolers and Big Kids by Lil Tigers
Patriotic Mason Jar Lanterns (VIDEO) by The Soccer Mom Blog
Pom Pom Bald Eagles by The Soccer Mom Blog
Handprint American Flag Craft by The Soccer Mom Blog
Fireworks Craft (Free Template) by Crafting Jeannie
Bald Eagle Craft (Free Template) by Crafting Jeannie
How to Make Patriotic Slime by Craft by Amanda
Patriotic Stick Figure Rock Painting for Independence Day by Ruffles & Rain Boots
DIY Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Korker Hair Bow Tutorial by The Moody Blonde
Star Suncatchers by Crafts by Amanda
Paper American Flag Lantern Craft for Kids by Red Ted Art
DIY American Flag Craft for 4th of July by Artsy Karma
Handprint Bald Eagle Craft For Kids [Free Template] by Simple Everyday Mom
Michele is a mom of 5 with her degree in marriage and family studies. She believes that one of the best ways you can spend time with your family is doing fun things together.