This red fox papercraft is simple to make with the DIY template provided. You will love making this again and again with the kids.
Red Fox Papercraft
And who doesn’t love foxes? In fact, part of me wishes they were cute and gentle in real life so that I can have one as a pet too! Thankfully we can make these whenever we feel like it, right?!
So let’s get started with this simple kids’ craft project!
If you are looking for more animal craft ideas, try these!
How to make a red fox papercraft
- Select orange and white (or cream) colored craft papers for the fox paper craft.
- Trace the head, body, legs, and tail on the orange paper.
- Trace the rest of the patterns on the white paper.
- Cut out the traced papers nicely.
- Glue the white tail tip pattern on the tip of the orange tail cutout.
- Stick the white face cutout on the bottom side of the head cutout.
- Glue the half-teardrop pattern paper in the middle of the orange body pattern.
- Grab the 2 leg cutouts (will be glued on the upper part of the body pattern).
- Apply glue along the side to attach the legs on both sides of the body pattern. Keep the rest of the leg cutout free from glue.
- Use scissors to trim the sides of the glued legs on both sides.
- Glue the tail on the backside of the paper fox, keeping the tip of the tail facing upwards and visible from a side.
- Use a sharpie to draw the eyes and nose of the paper fox.
- Trace and cut out a small heart shape from a colored craft paper of your choice.
- Slide the heart shape under the legs (upper side) to complete the craft.
How Do I Access My Free Template?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed you will be taken to Airtable (a different website) where all our free templates will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.
More Fun Ideas to do with the Kids
We typically start to see foxes out a little bit more in the fall months, so get the kids excited for the upcoming season with some fun fall books. Introduce them to some of our favorites like We’re Going on a Leaf Hunt and Pete the Cat Falling for Autumn.
Create a fall sensory bin. Add some leaves, sticks, and other bits of nature along with some tiny animal figurines.