This printable Owl Headband Craft is the perfect activity for you to do with the kids. It’s so easy to make, and they will have a fun headband to wear when it’s done! Give it a try! It is perfect for parties, classroom activities, and more!
You and the kids are going to love these owl headband crafts. It is as easy as downloading the owl headband template, printing it, letting the kids color it, and assembling it to have endless adventures with.
One of the best things about this Owl Headband Craft is its benefits for children. Crafts, in general, is just so good for child development! Tracing, cutting, and coloring objects are great ways for kids to work on their fine motor skills.
Crafting helps teach a child how to get creative, use their imagination, and express themselves. After they craft, they have something that reminds them of their hard work, which can do wonders for their self-esteem.
Benefits of Doing Crafts with kids
There are so many benefits of crafting with the kids. Some of these benefits include:
- Learning to follow directions
- Builds resilience
- Supports critical thinking
- Teaches colors and shapes
- Develops patience and concentration
Are you looking for more owl crafts? We’ve got a few that you should definitely check out. Our Owl Paper Bag Puppet is one of our favorites. It’s such a hoot to make and play with! This adorable Owl Papercraft is another good project for your kids. It even has a little heart- how cute is that?!
Well without further ado, here’s our Owl Headband and how to make your own! And be sure to check out our whole collection of headband crafts for kids for even more fun projects to do.
Printable Owl Headband
When making this owl headband craft, the supplies are simple. Most of these you already have on hand.
- Markers / crayons / colored pencils
- Glue stick
- Owl headband template (download at the bottom of the page)
How to Make a Paper Owl Headband
- Print out your Owl Headband.
- Once it is printed, allow your kids to color it however they choose.
- Cut along the dotted lines.
- Use your glue, tape, or stapler to attach the two ends of the headband together.
- Now you’ve got your very own Owl Headband!
Owl Headband Craft Options
There are so many different ways to use this template.
- Option 1– Follow the directions above.
- Option 2- Cut out all the pieces individually and trace them onto colored cardstock. Then build your owl headband with a cute layered look. This is perfect for older kids to do.
Tips and Tricks
- Add some googly eyes! Owls have big eyes that they use to search for their food. Make sure you grab the biggest googly eyes you can find for your owl. Plus, it’s sure to make you laugh for hours and hours!
- Customize your owl! Get creative by mixing up colors. Make yourself a pink or green owl.
- Grab some crafting feathers to glue on your headband to give your owl a feathery texture.
Get All Our Favorite Animal Craft Headbands Here!
More Owl Ideas
One of my favorite gifts to give and receive are fun socks! They keep you warm and cozy, and I especially love when they have a funny or cute design. If you know someone who loves owls, you’ve got to get them these adorable owl socks!
Do you want to learn more about owls? You can learn more about them through documentaries, by visiting the zoo, or by reading a book. This book, Owls!: Strange and Wonderful, is perfect for readers of any age who love learning about these cool birds. You can even write some fun facts on the back of your Owl Headband. Give it a try!
For More Animal Ideas, Check Out These:
Share with us!
We hope you enjoyed all our fun animal headband craft template ideas! Be sure to follow us, tag us on Instagram, and use the hashtag #frostingandglue so we can see all the finished craft projects you do with your kids!
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.
- Glue, tape, or a stapler.
Print out your Owl Headband.
Cut along the dotted lines.
Add some color to your headband with your crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
Use your glue, tape, or stapler to attach the two ends of the headband together.
Now you’ve got your very own Owl Headband!
Add some googly eyes! Owls have big eyes that they use to search for their food. Make sure you grab the biggest googly eyes you can find for your owl. Plus, it’s sure to make you laugh for hours and hours!
Customize your owl! Get creative by mixing up colors. Make yourself a pink or green owl.
Grab some crafting feathers to glue on your headband to give your owl a feathery texture.
Michele is a mom of 5 with her degree in marriage and family studies. She believes that one of the best ways you can spend time with your family is doing fun things together.