Have you ever wanted to make a whale craft, but didn’t know how to draw one? Well, look no further! You can use this printable whale template to help you make an adorable whale craft. This template is perfect for preschoolers, and it’s really easy to follow. All you need is some construction paper and a few minutes of your time. So why not give it a try? Your students will love it!
Whale Cut-Out Template
Whales are so cool! They are the largest mammals on earth. Yes- they’re mammals, even though they live in the sea. In fact, they can weigh as much as 24 elephants. That’s huge!
If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft project for your preschoolers, look no further than this printable whale template! You can make them as you talk about some fun Whale facts.
Just download the PDF file, print it out, and let your students get creative with their whales. They can color them in any way they like, or even add some accessories to make them really stand out.
Why Make Papercrafts With Kids?
Paper crafts are so good for kids! They help your child work on their motor skills while they learn to cut, color, and glue. It also allows them to use their imagination and grow their creative thinking skills.
Paper crafts also teach children how to follow directions. They learn that as they follow the guide, they are able to create something awesome! Learning to follow directions can be taught through crafting with kids.
How to Make Your Printable Whale Template
- Download and print: Grab your free template, download, and print on regular paper, cardstock, or even construction paper.
- Cut out whale: You can let your students or children cut out their own whale or you can do this beforehand.
- Color: Using markers, crayons, or paint allowing your students to get creative by making their own Whale in the color they desire!
- Glue: Place some glue on the back of your whale template and place it on a piece of cardstock if you desire. This will help keep the whale sturdy and easily transported home to show mom and dad the amazing art.
Not quite ready to join our email list where we share free and paid products and fun ideas? That is ok! Purchase the template below!
Tips and Tricks
- Make your whale out of construction paper. Try tracing the template out on construction paper, instead of coloring, to create your whale with a different texture.
- Turn your whale into a puppet! Grab a popsicle stick and use hot glue to attach it to the back. Now you can create your own stories with your whale puppet!
- Googly eyes make everything more fun. Glue googly eyes on your whale to add some silliness and animation.
More Sea Life Crafts
If your students are looking for more marine animal crafts, you’ve got to check out our Papercraft Stingray. These guys are so fun to make and write fun facts on the back. We also have a ton of fun making these cute little Crab Papercrafts.
More Whale Ideas
Need a laugh? We have 100 funny fish jokes that you can read out loud as you craft your whale! It is sure to make your crafting time so much more fun.
This whale template would go great with a learning video about whales. You can find some cool whale documentaries on many streaming services like Disney + and Netflix. This Blue Whale 101 video is perfect if you’re just looking for something quick and insightful.
If you’re looking for a quiet and independent activity, this whale coloring book is perfect! This National Geographic whale book is great for young readers who want to learn more about these magnificent creatures.
For More Sea Animal Templates Check Out These:
- Printable Turtle Template
- Printable Crab Template
- Printable Fish Template
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or receive in your email. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.