St. Patrick’s Day is such a fun holiday to celebrate with your family, and this St. Patrick’s Day Bingo game is a great way to bond with your family or friends. Gather around the table and get them laughing and competing to get a bingo first. All your kids, from your littlest to your oldest, will love this St. Patrick’s Day bingo, whether they can read or not!
Every month, it seems, has a holiday to celebrate, and March is also filled with green, gold, and lots of shamrocks. We love wearing green to avoid being pinched, and spending time together as a family. Bingo is a great way to celebrate the holiday!
This St. Patrick’s Day Bingo is perfect for the whole family because it is image-based. Your preschool kids and toddlers who don’t read yet can still participate alongside everyone else, making it a perfect game for your entire family. Take turns being the caller, so everyone has the chance to yell “BINGO.”
Why We Love St. Patrick’s Day Bingo
Bingo is the perfect game to play with your family. There are so many reasons to love it!
- You can easily switch it up for any holiday or season. Try our Thanksgiving Bingo!
- There is also next to no prep! All you have to do is download, print the cards, grab some markers (we love candy for this!) and your family will be playing in no time! It is so easy!
- Fun for everyone!
- Perfect for the entire month of March. There aren’t that many traditional ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your kids, so this is a great way to start a new tradition!
There are so many fun ways to switch up the game play with Bingo. Use candy as markers. Your kids will love sneaking treats between rounds. Take turns being the “caller”, adding more rounds to the gameplay. See who gets the corners filled first, or create a shamrock on the board. You could even play “blackout”, though everyone will get blackout about the same time with these 8 unique boards.
Other St. Patrick’s Day Activities
When you’re done with your St. Patrick’s Day bingo games, you can keep the St. Patrick’s fun going with other St. Patrick’s Day activities like our St. Patrick’s Day Color by Number, or a Clover Sensory Bin. And if you want a tasty St. Patrick’s Day treat, make this No-Bake Grasshopper Pie is fun and easy, plus it’s green!
How to Play St. Patrick’s Day Bingo
Bingo is easy to play, and picture-based bingo so it’s even easier!
- Download and print the bingo cards and calling cards. If you plan on playing more than once, be sure to print them on cardstock and laminate them.
- Put a bowl of markers on the table to mark off the squares. I love skittles, green pom poms, or other candies.
- Everyone gets their own bingo card, or play in teams if you want!
- Calling cards go in a bowl or in a pile face down. Choose who is going to be the caller. Be sure you are taking turns so everyone gets a turn who wants one.
- Don’t forget to mark your free space!
- The caller will choose a card, and let everyone know what it is. They can show the card, or describe the image. This is great practice for image association for kids!
- Players will place a marker on that image if it is on their board.
- The first person who gets 5 in a row (vertically, horizontally, or diagonally) yells “Bingo!” and wins that round!
- Clear your cards and play over and over again!
Tips for Using St. Patrick’s Day Bingo
- If you know you’re going to be playing this St. Patrick’s Day Bingo more than once or twice, or you are using them in your classroom, be sure to print them on cardstock and laminate them! This makes them super durable and allows you to play them over and over.
- If you do laminate them, you can use dry erase markers to mark off your board. Green would be perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Or you could use rainbow colors!
Benefits of Playing Bingo
There are so many benefits of playing bingo with kids. Here are a few:
- It gets your entire family laughing together!
- It teaches kids healthy competition and good-sportsmanship in a safe space.
- It works on fine motor skills, especially if you use a dry-erase marker.
- If you play in teams, it helps kids learn teamwork.
- Bingo is great for helping kids learn to take turns and follow directions.
- It helps kids learn and practice emotional regulation.
- It works on hand-eye coordination, especially if you are using small candies as markers.
What’s Included in St. Patrick’s Day Bingo
- Eight bingo cards- Each card is unique, but there will be multiple winners if you decide to do black-out bingo.
- Calling card sheet- You will print and cut out these cards to use for calling out the images.
Can I use these St. Patrick’s Day Bingo Cards in the classroom?
Definitely! These St. Patrick’s Day Bingo Cards would be perfect for your classroom, especially for small groups, because there are only 8 cards. You can also use them at a St. Patrick’s Day party, as long as you are playing in groups of 9 or fewer (8 boards and 1 caller).
How to Print Your St. Patrick’s Day Bingo Cards
You can absolutely print the cards on regular printer paper, but I know that my kids love playing and will want to play over and over again. I usually print my cards on cardstock and laminate them for extra durability.
You can also print the cards or calling cards in black and white to save ink. This also allows your kids to have extra practice with image recognition as they won’t have the colors to rely on.
Printable St. Patrick’s Day Bingo Game Boards
All you have to do to get your St. Patrick’s Day Bingo Cards is join our mailing list! You can also purchase them below if you are not ready to join quite yet. Either way, I know your family will love the time together celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with these fun bingo cards.