Valentine’s Day is the time to celebrate love, and what better way to show your family that you love them than spending quality time together? This Valentine’s Day Bingo game is the perfect way to do that. Gather around the table and get them laughing as you celebrate the love you have for each other!
February is always a fun time of year in our family! We love the pink and red decorations, and spending time showing each other even more love than we already do for one another. One of the best ways to do this is playing games together, and bingo is one of our favorites.
Valentine’s Day Bingo is perfect for the whole family. Non-readers can play because the cards are picture based, and older kids love playing and being competitive. It is even a great game to play when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit because it is so easy. And who doesn’t love sneaking the Valentine’s candy markers in between rounds!
Why We Love Valentine’s Day Bingo
There are so many reasons we love playing bingo in our home.
First of all, we can play it for every holiday and season to change it up. Not only that but there is literally zero prep! Just download, print the cards and calling cards, gather some markers (we love candy for this!) and start playing! It is so easy!
This Valentine’s Day themed bingo set is perfect for the entire month of February. It’s a great alternative to traditional bingo.
Adding a little fun to bingo can make this a great family activity! Use candy as markers. Take turns being the “caller”, see who gets all the corners first, or even see who can make a heart on their board. The possibilities are endless. Just note that everyone will get blackout about the same time with these 8 unique boards.
Bingo, especially picture bingo, is perfect for all ages, from non-readers on up to adults! Your kids will love being able to participate with their siblings.
Other Valentine’s Day Activities
If you are looking for other Valentine’s Day Activities, look no further! Here are a couple of ideas that you can do as a family or in the classroom:
How to Play Valentine’s Day Bingo
Bingo is super easy to play, and this picture-based bingo is even easier!
- Download and print the bingo cards and calling cards. It is best to print on cardstock or laminate for added durability.
- Put a bowl of markers on the table to mark off the squares. I love m&ms, pom poms, or other candies. You can also give each kid a bowl of their own to avoid any arguments.
- Everyone gets their own bingo card, or play in teams of older siblings and younger siblings.
- Calling cards go in a bowl or in a pile face down. Choose who is going to be the caller.
- Don’t forget to mark your free space!
- The caller will choose a card, and let everyone know what it is. They can show the card, or describe the image.
- Players will place a marker on that image if it is on their board.
- The first person who gets 5 in a row (vertically, horizontally, or diagonally) yells “Bingo!” and wins that round!
- Clear your cards and play over and over again!
Tips for Using Valentine’s Day Bingo
- If you know you’re going to be playing this Valentine’s Day bingo over and over again, like we will, print your cards and calling cards on cardstock, then laminate them. This makes them super durable!
- If you do laminate them, you can use dry-erase markers in a bunch of colors to mark off your bingo cards. This makes it super easy to use this bingo game in the car!
Benefits of Playing Bingo
There are so many benefits of playing bingo with kids. Here are a few:
- It gets everyone laughing together!
- It teaches kids healthy competition and good-sportsmanship.
- It works on fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- If you play in teams, it helps kids learn teamwork.
- Bingo is awesome for helping kids learn to take turns and follow directions
- It helps kids learn and practice emotional regulation, when they win/lose, and when they get frustrated.
What’s Included in Valentine’s Day Bingo
- Eight bingo cards- Each card is unique, but there will be multiple winners if you decide to do black-out bingo.
- Calling card sheet- You will print and cut out these cards to use for calling out the images.
Can I use these Valentine’s Day Bingo Cards in the classroom?
Absolutely! I’d definitely recommend printing on cardstock and laminating. This would be perfect for small-groups. You could call out the image, and then have the student write the word to practice writing and spelling. You could also use them at a Valentine’s Day party in smaller groups, because there are only 8 cards.
How to Print Your Valentine’s Day Bingo Cards
You can definitely just print them on printer paper if you only plan to use them once. But take it from my experience; your kids will want to play this game over and over!
In that case, I recommend printing them on cardstock and laminating them. You can do this at home or take it to a print shop. They can print and laminate them for you very inexpensively.
Looking for More Bingo Fun? Check These Out!
Printable Valentine’s Day Bingo
All you have to do to get your Valentine’s Day Bingo Cards is join our mailing list! You can also purchase them below if you are not ready to join quite yet.
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable found on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.