These Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars are the perfect summer treat! These are light and fluffy and make the perfect no bake cheesecake bar. You will love the delicious tartness thanks to the lemon that is mixed with the sweet strawberry flavor.
Strawberry Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
I am all about easy summer desserts! Whether we are enjoying them as a fun afternoon snack or to serve at a BBQ it just makes life simple during the summer.
These strawberry lemon cheesecake bars are perfect for all your get-togethers. They are easy to make, can be made ahead of time, are loved by everyone, and do not require you to turn on your oven!
- 9 X 13 pan
- Rubber Spatula
- Paring Knife
- Large ziplock bag
- Hand or stand mixer
- One 11-ounce box chessman cookies
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Three 8-ounce blocks full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
How to Make Strawberry Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- Crush Cheeseman cookies with a rolling pin inside of a large Ziplock bag.
- Pour in melted butter and sugar and mix until melted butter is coating all of the cookie crumbles. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 dish and place in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, and sour cream until smooth.
- Add in confectioners’ sugar, one cup at a time and beat until smooth and creamy,
- Fold in the previously whipped cream.
- Do not over mix, as the air will be knocked out of the whipped cream.
- Remove dish from freezer and Spoon mixture over the crust.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Garish with fresh sliced strawberries.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- The lemon flavor is based on how much lemon juice you add to this recipe. If you want a really strong lemon flavor use more lemon juice. For a less intense lemon flavor use 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Be sure to chill these for at least 4 hours. I like to chill them overnight to make sure they really set.
- If you are worried about the crust sticking to the bottom of the pan, spray the pan prior to adding the crust.
- Feel free to add whipped cream to the top if you prefer.
You will want to store your leftover no bake cheesecakes in the fridge in an airtight container. These will last up to 1 week.