Are you looking for a fun and easy way to count down the days until Christmas? If so, then this Christmas Countdown Chain craft is for you! This simple craft is perfect for kids of all ages and can be created with just a few materials. So gather up your kids and get ready to make some holiday memories!
Christmas Countdown Chain
There’s no need to spend a fortune on advent calendars when you can make your own homemade Christmas countdown chain at home. With a printable template and some Christmas-colored construction paper, you can easily create your own countdown ring.
Using a countdown ring you can bring so many fun and amazing memories into your home as each morning a new ring is cut off and the kids can visually see they are one day closer to Christmas!!
Check out these Jolly Christmas Jokes and have a few jokes written on each ring to bring some laughter to your morning as well!
Make Your Own Christmas Countdown Chain Today! I promise it will be a huge hit in your home this Christmas season.
- Construction paper
- Pencil – to trace the template
- Craft glue
- Sharpie or gel pen
- Popsicle sticks
Not quite ready to join our email list where we share free and paid products and fun ideas? That is ok! Purchase the template below!
How do you make a Christmas countdown at home?
- Print out the template and cut them out nicely. The template includes patterns for the strips, Santa Claus and baby Jesus. Select colored craft papers and trace the template patterns on them using a pencil. Cut out the traced patterns using scissors. Let’s start with the baby Jesus chain craft.
- Attach the head (round) cutout on the body base cutout (oval shape) and attach the hay cutout on the top side of the manger cutout.
- Use a sharpie to draw the face of the papercraft baby Jesus pattern and then attach it to the manger, on the top side.
- Cut out several strips to make the rings for the chain. You can adjust the ring size by cutting a smaller or bigger strip, as you prefer. Hold a strip, join both sides by overlapping a cm and apply glue to the overlapped sides to form the ring.
- Make the next ring by inserting the strip into the first ring.
- Continue this process to craft the paper chain.
- Attach the star on the top chain and then skip the next chain. Attach the baby Jesus pattern on the 3rd chain.
- Trace and cut out the Santa Claus patterns.
- Lastly, craft the Santa Claus countdown chain.
Tips and Tricks
- Pre-cut the paper strips before starting the craft with your kids
- Add numbers to each ring which allows your kids more practice with writing numbers
- Let each child make their own Christmas countdown chain so they each have their own. This will allow them the ability to add own personalities to the rings.
Other Christmas Craft Activities For Kids
Christmas is a time for family, friends, and fun. It’s also a time for giving and receiving gifts. If you’re looking for some fun Christmas craft activities to do with your kids then you are in luck. We’ve gathered some of our favorite ideas to get you started.
Using these snowflake Templates you can make a room or how about each room in your house look like a winter wonderland!
Color By Number Christmas Themed
Looking for some holly jolly activities for your family? These Christmas Color By Number sheets are just what you need! Grab these printable sheets today for some festive fun!
Elf Paper Bag Puppet
This is a super easy Christmas craft that kids will love. It’s a great way to use up any leftover wrapping paper or paper scraps you might have lying around. Plus, having your own elf paper bag puppet is a lot of fun to play with once it’s finished.
This easy gingerbread bookmark template is perfect for the holiday season. It’s a great way to keep your place in your favorite book and it also makes a fun gift for any reader. Print out the template, cut out the pieces, to make your own gingerbread bookmark.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! As we celebrate this joyous time of year, let’s take some time to enjoy the simple things – like spending time as a family. Making your own decorations like this Christmas countdown chain can bring so much happiness to a home, and they’re really easy to make. So grab your supplies and get creative! I can’t wait to hear how much your kids loved these!
- Construction Paper
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or receive in your email. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.