The holidays are coming and it’s time to get festive! Your kids will love crafting this super simple Elf Paper Bag Puppet.
Elf Paper Bag Puppet
I can’t believe Christmas time is almost upon us! My kids love doing holiday crafts like these. It definitely gets them in a festive mood. The best thing about crafts for the kids to do during the winter months is they are such a great way to spend snow days or family evenings at home.
Grab your free printable by joining our email list, where we share free and paid products! But if you aren’t quite ready to get exclusive offers and emails from us yet, you can grab your template right here!
How to Make an Elf Paper Bag Puppet
- First, you’re going to start by choosing the colors of your construction paper. Select light pink, dark pink, brown, green, red, yellow, and black sheets.
- Now that you have chosen your colors you can begin tracing. Trace the head and main ear patterns on the light pink paper. Then trace the nose and inner ear cutouts on the darker shade of pink paper. Next, you will trace the hair on your brown sheet.
- Then trace the belt on the black construction paper. Trace the belt buckle, collar pom poms (the small round shapes), hat pom pom, and hat trim on the yellow paper. Outline the shape of the collar and the hat on the red paper. Finally, trace the outfit on the green paper. You can cut out and use the eyes directly from the template.
- Grab your glue and begin putting the pieces together. Start by gluing the inner ear cutouts on the main ear cutout. Then glue the yellow pom poms on the pointy parts of the red collar cutout. Next, glue the hair cutout on the top side of the head cutout.
- Glue the eye cutouts onto the face. Then attach the ear patterns on both sides of the elf’s head.
- You will finish the face by gluing the nose onto the head. Then you will use a sharpie to draw the mouth and trace the eye outlines to make them pop.
- Next build the belt by cutting a slit on the yellow marked lines (found on the original template) of the buckle pattern and inserting the belt strip through it. Make sure to place the buckle in the middle of the strip. Glue the belt along the middle of the green outfit (rectangle shape). Finally, glue the red collar on the top side of the outfit, near the elf’s neck.
- Grab your paper bag. If you do not have a paper bag, you can make a customized one using brown paper. The bottom side of the bag will be the top side of the elf puppet. Glue the outfit on the front side of the paper bag, keeping the collar towards the bottom side of the bag. Make sure to crease the bottom flap with the flap facing the elf’s outfit. Next, you will glue the head on the flap.
- Create the elf’s hat by gluing the pom pom to the tip of the hat. Then glue the hat trim to the base of the hat.
- Finally, attach the hat to your elf’s head to complete your Elf Paper Bag Puppet.
Tips and Tricks
- Make your elf come even more to life! Use crafting pom poms to add a fun element to your elf.
- Create a puppet that is unique to your kids! Let your kids choose the colors for the construction paper. Or use markers to add other details to your elf.
More Elf Paper Bag Puppet Ideas
Grab your new Elf Paper Bag Puppet, hop in the car, and take a drive to see the holiday lights and decorations.
Start new holiday traditions! Get the kids snuggled up in their pajamas and read Elf on the Shelf with them.
For More Paper Bag Puppet Ideas Check Out These:
- Firefighter Paper Bag Puppet
- Badger Paper Bag Puppet
- Cat Paper Bag Puppet
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet
- Little Red Riding Hood Paper Bag Puppet
- Mirabel Paper Bag Puppet
- Cinderella Paper Bag Puppet
- Paper Bag Beaver Puppet
- Paper Bag Penguin Puppet
- Paper Bag Monkey Puppet
- Paper Bag Baby Yoda Puppet
- Paper Bag Dog Puppet
- Dragon Paper Bag Puppet
- Elf Paper Bag Puppet
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or received in your email. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.