Do you have an animal crazy kid in your house? Let your little adventurer spread their wings with this Eagle Handprint Craft!
A little glue and a lot of fun are in store for your bird lover. Try our other handprint animal crafts such as the Handprint Elephant, Handprint Fish, or Handprint Flamingo, to create your own handprint zoo!
Not quite ready to join our email list where we share free and paid products and fun ideas? That is ok! Purchase the template below!
- Printable Template
- Choose two colors of brown construction paper for the wings and body, pink for the cheeks, yellow for the beak and feet, and white (or cream) for the head and tail.
- Use the pencil to trace the template pattern onto the various pieces of construction paper.
- You can trace your children’s hands on the brown construction paper for the wings. Make 4 hand prints, and glue the smaller wings to the top of the larger wings.
- Trace the body onto the brown construction paper. Glue the wings to the body.
- Trace one handprint on the white construction paper for the tail. Glue the tail to the back of the body piece.
- Use white (or cream) paper to make the eagle’s head. After tracing the beak and the feet on the yellow paper, glue it to the head. Trace circles on the pink construction paper for the cheeks. Don’t forget to draw on the eyes.
- Glue the completed head to the front of the body, and you are done!
Tips and Tricks
- Add your own unique touches! Get out the pens, the glitter, and different colors of construction paper. Make your Eagle your own!
- For smaller children, you may need to help them cut but let them give it a try first. It is a great opportunity to practice their coordination.
Ways to Use the Eagle Handprint Craft for Kids
- Add the Eagle Handprint Craft to a learning unit about the zoo, birds, and animals.
- Create the Eagle Handprint Craft as part of your patriotic holiday celebrations. Discuss what the Eagle stands for in American Culture.
- Go bird-watching around your neighborhood and discuss what birds are native to your region.
Looking for more Animal Crafts? Try these!
- Make this adorable Dog Headband craft, and pretend you are at the dog park!
- Take a trip to the library to find books about your favorite animal. This adorable Koala Bookmark is a great addition to any good book!
- Have a horse lover in the house? Try this Paper Bag Horse Puppet and set up a horse race around the yard!
If your family creates this Handprint Eagle Craft, be sure to share it with us on Instagram @frostingandglue. We’d love to see!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable found on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.