Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and if your kids are like mine they are begging to make a fun Star Wars Valentine’s Day card for their friends! Meet this perfect Valentine’s Day Baby Yoda! It is a perfect afternoon craft project or the perfect Star Wars Valentine to make for your friends!
Baby Yoda Holding Heart Craft
Throughout the year we have posted all kinds of Star Wars crafts like our Star Wars Papercraft Puppets, our Star Wars BB-8 Papercraft, and our Toilet Paper Roll Baby Yoda Craft. You all have loved making them with your kids, so I thought it would be fun to create a Valentine Baby Yoda Craft that your kids can have fun making and give away as Valentine’s if they choose!
Baby Yoda of course has become a huge favorite thanks to The Mandalorian. (If you haven’t seen it, it’s a must) so we are fairly certain your kids are going to go crazy for these. Just grab some basic supplies and get crafting with the kids.
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to grab your free Baby Yoda Template so that you can make your own!
- Colored craft papers
- Craft glue
Grab your free printable by joining our email list, where we share free and paid products! But if you aren’t quite ready to get exclusive offers and emails from us yet, you can grab your template right here!
How to Make Valentine’s Day Baby Yoda
- Select green, pink and 2 different shades of brown colored paper for the baby Yoda papercraft figure.
- Trace the head and the hand patterns on the green paper, trace the inner ear patterns on the pink paper, trace clothing and the sleeve patterns on a brown paper and the collar pattern on the other brown paper.
- Cut out the traced patterns.
- Attach the inner ear cutouts on the ear parts of the head pattern, attach the collar cutout on the top side of the clothing pattern and attach the hand cutouts with the sleeve cutouts.
- Attach the clothing pattern on the bottom side of the head pattern.
- Take any one of the arm patterns (sleeve and hand) and add glue on the open side of it.
- Attach the glued side of the arm along any one of the outer sides (left or right) of the clothing pattern. The arms should be joined with the clothing along the open side only and the rest of the pattern should be glue-free.
- Attach the other arm pattern with clothes the same way.
- Trace and cut out a heart shape from a colored craft paper of your choice, the heart should be small enough to fit between the 2 arms of the papercraft baby Yoda figure.
- Slide the paper heart under the arms and place it nicely to complete the craft.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- This is the perfect Valentine’s Day Baby Yoda craft, but you can easily omit the heart and make it throughout the whole year.
- If your child is a big Baby Yoda fan you can easily enlarge the template and make a bigger version of this Baby Yoda papercraft.
More Star Wars Activities
Star Wars is one of those things that no matter how old your kids are they never get tired of it. Here are some other fun Star Wars Activities to do with the kids at home or in the classroom.
This Toilet Paper Roll R2D2 Craft is one of a kind and is a must when you are looking for fun Star Wars activities.
Kids love sensory bins so why not create a fun sensory bin for the kids that is Star Wars themed. Add some rice or dried beans and mix in small Star Wars characters. As your kids sift through the rice and the beans they will have so much fun discovering everything they love about Star Wars.
Combine your child’s love of Star Wars with their love of reading and read together. Try reading Clone Troopers in Action to go on a great adventure!
Grab some paper and a Star Wars Folded Flyers Activity Kit for the ultimate fun project.
More Star Wars ideas:
- Colored craft papers
- Craft glue
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or received in your email. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.
Michele is a mom of 5 with her degree in marriage and family studies. She believes that one of the best ways you can spend time with your family is doing fun things together.