Transform your holiday décor with our step-by-step Felt Poinsettia Ornament Tutorial. Learn to craft these stunning and festive ornaments from felt, adding a touch of handmade charm to your Christmas tree and seasonal decorations.
Felt poinsettia ornaments are a fantastic choice for holiday crafting with teens or even kids! They’re easy to make, safe, and a great way to spark creativity during the holiday season. The bright red colors and simple design make them a perfect craft. Plus, you can personalize these ornaments with your favorite colors and add a touch of glitter for extra holiday sparkle.
Crafting felt poinsettia ornaments is a fun activity and a wonderful opportunity to teach kids about the spirit of giving. Encourage them to make extra ornaments to gift to family and friends, spreading the joy and love of the holiday season. These homemade ornaments can also become cherished keepsakes, reminding your family of the special memories created during this magical time of year. So, gather your crafting supplies and get ready to make felt poinsettia ornaments with your family or friends.
How To Make A Felt Poinsettia Ornament
- Felt fabric
- Select red, green, yellow colored felt fabrics for the poinsettia pattern, and select a different colored felt for the ornament base. Trace the template patterns on the selected felt fabrics and cut them out nicely.
- Take the small round cutout (base) and the petal cutouts. Place any two large petal cutouts on the base cutout around the outer edge. Prepare the needle with matching thread and stitch the petals with the round base.
- Place the 3rd large petal beside the previous ones and stitch it with the base as well.
- One by one, stitch all five petals around the base cutout.
- Now, place the small petal cutouts on the base cutout near the center.
- Place and stitch all 5 small petal cutouts around the center of the base.
- Take the spiral cutout. Roll the spiral cutout from its outer edge.
- Continue to roll the spiral pattern towards the center.
- Stitch the rolled spiral pattern in the center of the stitched petals.
- Take the large base cutout (round) and place the leaf cutouts around its outer edge.
- Place the felt poinsettia on the ornament base and stitch it with the base.
- Cut out a small ribbon and make a loop with it. Attach the loop on the backside of the ornament to complete the craft.
Tips and Tricks
- Change out the ribbon for different color hangers
- Create more flowers on one ornament
More Felt Ornaments Templates
- Felt Snow Globe Christmas Ornament Pattern
- Grinch Felt Ornament
- Felt Snowflake Ornament
- Felt Bird Ornament Pattern
- Felt Gnome Ornament
- Felt Angel Ornament
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable found on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.