Get busy crafting with this simple Valentine’s Day Bear Craft! Kids of all ages will have fun exploring their creativity!
Valentine’s Day Bear Craft
I love spending time with my kids, and crafting together is a great way to do that! They can fiddle with their hands while we chat about the day or just spend time together. Whether it’s playing games, doing activities, or crafts with my children – I love just spending time for them!
The other day we did the Heart Stitch Craft and the kids loved it! They also learned valuable lessons too like the importance of following directions. These crafts could also be a great Valentine’s Day Gift to your kids’ classmates, teachers, family, or friends!
So gather the supplies that you have around the house and make some memories with your kids!
- Construction paper
- Craft glue
- Sharpie or gel pen
How to Make a Valentine’s Day Bear Craft
- To start this craft, grab a sheet each of pink construction paper, two different shades of brown, and a color of your choice for the background. Also make sure to choose pink or red colored paper for the heart shapes. Begin tracing the head and body base patterns on the darker shade of brown paper. Then, trace the mouth and the belly patterns on the light brown paper. Finally, trace the inner ear parts on the pink paper. Once you’ve finished tracing all of the patterns, grab your scissors and cut them out nicely.
- Start gluing the pieces together. Begin with gluing the inner ear parts in the middle of the ear bases. Then, use a sharpie or a gel pen to draw the nose and the mouth of the bear on the mouth piece (the small round shape on the lighter brown color).
- Next, glue the belly cutout along the top edge of the body base pattern. Make sure to keep the straight side of the belly cutout aligned with the top side of the body base pattern. Now you can glue the mouth and nose near the bottom half of the head pattern.
- Then you will glue the head pattern on top of the body base pattern.
- Now it’s time to add the details to your bear craft! Use a sharpie or gel pen to draw the eyes of the papercraft bear figure.
- Now it’s time to make the heart balloons! Start by tracing and cutting out the heart shapes from the pink or red paper you chose earlier.
- Add more details to the card by folding the heart shapes into half, symmetrically. Make sure to cut out the card. The card needs to be big enough to fit the papercraft bear and 3 or more papercraft heart balloons.
- Now that everything is ready, you can start piecing together the card! Glue the papercraft bear on one half of the card. Make sure to keep enough space on the other half of the card for the papercraft heart balloons. Glue two half folded hearts side by side to craft a 3D balloon. For this tutorial I used three heart balloons (so six heart shapes folded in half and glued together). Then I used a sharpie to draw strings to attach each balloon to the bear’s hand. And just like that you’re done!
Tips and Tricks
- Get creative with the colors you choose for your craft. Create a unique card!
- Turn this craft into a card! Have your kids write their message on the back. The receiver will love the personal touch that a homemade card brings.
More Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas
For something different to do this Valentine’s Day, check out this awesome DIY Scented Strawberry Slime recipe! You can also make a sweet treat to help celebrate Valentine’s Day by letting your kids help you in the kitchen. I know they will love making this Strawberry Lasagna because it tastes amazing and it’s the prettiest pink! Once it is finished you will find they keep begging for more.
If your kids loved this papercraft, check out my other Valentine’s Day crafts!
Pair any of these crafts with these delicious desserts for a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift!
How Do I Access My Free Template?
Fill in the form above. You will receive an email in your inbox. If you don’t see it check your spam folder! You will then click to confirm your subscription. Once confirmed you will be taken to Airtable (a different website) where all our free templates will be waiting for you! It is free to sign up for Air Table!
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or in our resource library. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.
Michele is a mom of 5 with her degree in marriage and family studies. She believes that one of the best ways you can spend time with your family is doing fun things together.