Get your kids writing about all the spooky, tricks or treats this October with these creative October writing prompts. They will learn and grow so much as they have fun using their creativity and imagination. There is no trick about that!
October Writing Prompts For Students
Kids have wonderful imaginations, and writing is one way for them to self express about things. Through writing prompts you will see their personality come out more and more as you encourage them to write with thought-provoking questions and ideas that get their pencils going.
Purchase These October Writing Ideas Today!
How to use these October Writing prompts
Using these writing prompts is easy! Download, print, and laminate.
You’ll have enough cards to cover the whole month and then some! You can hand out a new question each day, write for a few minutes, then save the cards for the next day. It will be a new writing experience each time!
October Writing Prompts
- Do you like to dress up for Halloween? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite thing about Halloween?
- Do you have your costume planned? If so, what do you plan to wear?
- Where do you like to go trick or treating? How many houses do you hope to stop at?
- Would you rather trick or treat with friends, family or both? Why is that?
- What would you carve on a pumpkin?
- What is your favorite way to spend Halloween night? Do you trick or treat, plan a party, make a meal etc.?
- If you were asked to throw a Halloween party, what games, food and music would you plan to have?
- What is your favorite spooky character? Why?
- Do you like to help raise breast cancer awareness in October? Why or why not?
- Do you know someone who has experienced infant loss? If so, how can you show them you are thinking about them this month?
- If there is one thing you would change about Halloween, what would it be and why?
- Do you prefer to make your costume or purchase one? Does your family have any costume making/purchasing traditions?
- What is the best food to eat on Halloween night?
- Describe how Halloween is different now than it was a year or two ago.
- Do you celebrate the Day of the Dead? If so, how does your family celebrate? What about this day is most meaningful to you?
- Describe a favorite Halloween memory.
- My top 5 activities I want to participate in this month are…
- The funniest costume I have ever seen was…
- What is the best costume you ever wore?
- What is the scariest Halloween creature/monster?
- When you come home from trick or treating, what is the first thing you do?
- Describe what the weather normally is on Halloween night, and what your ideal weather conditions would look like.
- Does your school do anything fun during the month of October? What is the most memorable to you?
- What Halloween candy do you feel the most excited to find in your bag at the end of the night?
What is an October writing prompt that we can add to the list? Share it in the comments and don’t forget to download these writing prompts to get your kids to love writing and sparking all kinds of creativity.
Would you like a sample of our writing prompts? Grab our 48 fun writing prompts for kids here.
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or receive in your email. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.