Looking for an easy way to help your child with their writing this school year? Look no further! These September writing prompts are the perfect way to break through writer’s block and spark creative writing in your child!
Why Writing Prompts Are Great For Kids?
Kids love to imagine and create, but sometimes they have a hard time knowing what to write about. Using journal prompts can give kids exactly what they need to feel inspired and get their creative imagination running.
Looking for some other ways to get creative minds thinking have them tell each other jokes. You will find that kids will start trying to write their own! Which is another great writing activity for kids.
How to use September Writing Prompts
Using these September writing prompts is easy! Simply download, print and get your kids’ creative juices flowing! Laminate the prompts so you can use them year after year!
Give your children a new card each day to write about for a set period of time, and see their creative energy take off!
These are perfect to use at home or in the classroom.
September Journal Prompts
- How do you feel when you realize that Fall is drawing near?
- What is your favorite part about getting back into the school routine?
- What is your least favorite thing about going back to school?
- How is Fall different this year than last year?
- If you could change one thing about this time of year, what would it be and why?
- How do you appreciate the beauty of Fall? What is your favorite part of the changes of nature? Where do you go to see Fall beauty?
- What are some traditions you would like to start during this season?
- What activities help you feel happy during the transition back to school?
- What outdoor activities are you looking forward to this Fall?
- What indoor activities are you looking forward to this Fall?
- What does your family do in September to get ready for the Holidays?
- What Fall morning activity do you personally enjoy? Why?
- Ponder your desires for the upcoming season for a moment. What would you like to give up? What do you hope to keep? How can you make these desires a reality?
- How can you stay healthy this fall?
- Do you have any routines that keep you focused on your accomplishments in the fall? How are they effective?
- What activities in the fall are you not excited to do? How can you decrease the amount of time you spend doing them this year?
- What are some things you enjoy about Fall that sometimes go unnoticed?
- Describe Fall with one phrase.
- Fall can bring on strong emotions in us. Why do you think that is? How does the seasonal change affect you?
- What is your favorite Fall related quote? Why does it impact you?
- If Fall could be enhanced in one of your daily activities, what would it be?
- How can you destress in healthy ways this fall?
- What do you love about the weather changes in September?
- What do you dread about the weather changes in September?
- What is your favorite Fall craft?
- What is your favorite Fall recipe?
- What do you like to wear during this season?
- Do you prefer to spend your time indoors or outdoors in the Fall?
- Apple cider or hot chocolate?
- What is the most memorable experience you’ve had in the Fall?
- Do you prefer to say “Fall” or “Autumn”? Why is that?
- How can you help those in your community stay warm and nourished this holiday season?
- If you could choose the colors of the Fall leaves, what colors would you choose and why?
- What are some of your favorite Fall smells?
- When does Fall become official in your home?
- What Fall sports are you currently enjoying? Which sports are you looking forward to?
- What is your favorite Fall sports team? Why are you a fan?
- Write a poem about the things you love about Fall.
- What self care activities can you enjoy this Fall?
- What achievements are you most proud of so far this year?
- Have you met any goals set at the beginning of the year? If so, which ones?
- What do your five senses (see, smell, taste, touch, hear) tell you when you step outside at this time of year?
- What is your favorite Fall color? Do you have it in your wardrobe?
- If you could visit any country in Fall and money was not an issue, which would you pick and why?
- Are there any Fall celebrations done in other countries you would like to try in your family?
- You just raked an entire pile of leaves in your backyard. Do you jump in the pile, bag it up quickly, or both?
- Does your neighborhood decorate for the Fall season? If so, what does it look like?
- What is one habit you would like to change this Fall season?
- What is one positive habit you would like to begin doing this season?
- Do you have a Fall bucket list for your family? What have you put on it so far?
- How can you spend more quality time with your family this season?
- How can you make that quality time extra special for everyone in the family?
- What movies does your family like to watch during the holiday season?
- What will you miss the most about Summer this year?
- If you were put in charge of a Fall festival, what would it be like?
- If there was one thing you could change about the transition from Summer to Fall, what would it be and why?
- Write 10 things that make you think of Fall. Pick one thing and write a story about it
- If you could be a tour guide of your city during the Fall, what would you show to the visitors?
- If you were a scarecrow during the day, what would you see?
- As the weather cools down, what is your favorite way to stay warm?
- Describe the ideal September evening.
- How do you like to spend Labor Day Weekend?
- How do you honor September 11? Do you have any family members who remember the events or were there that day?
- Describe the ideal September get-together with friends and neighbors.
- What is something you can let go of now that will help you enjoy the fall season better?
What is a September writing prompt that we can add to the list? Share it in the comments and don’t forget to purchase these writing prompts to get your kids loving writing and sparking all kinds of creativity.
Looking for more writing prompts, check these out!
- Journal Prompts
- Birthday Journal Prompts
- Valentine’s Day Writing Prompts
- St. Patrick’s Day Writing Prompts
- June Writing Prompts
- September Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- November Writing Prompts
- Kindergarten Writing Prompts
Would you like a sample of our writing prompts? Grab our 48 fun writing prompts for kids here.
How Do I Print A PDF?
You’ll need a program that supports PDFs. Adobe Acrobat is a great option. Open the program, click file, then print. Select your printer and the number of copies you want to print. Be sure you click double-sided if you want it to print on both sides.
Can I Resell These?
You may not resell any printable or template that you find on our website or receive in your email. You may use them for class parties, at church, at home, or in the classroom. You may get these printed at an office supply store or copy center at your own expense.