Bookmark crafts for kids are a fun and easy way to encourage kids to read and get creative at the same time. Whether it’s a homemade bookmark with a favorite character or a personalized design, kids will love using their own creations to mark their place in their favorite books.
Not only are these crafts a great way to develop fine motor skills, but they also make great gifts for family and friends. Let’s explore a variety of bookmark crafts for kids of all ages and skill levels. So gather some supplies and let’s get started on making some unique and fun bookmarks!
How do you make easy bookmarks for kids?
There are many ways to make easy bookmarks for kids that are both fun and functional. Here are three simple ideas:
- Ribbon bookmarks: Cut a length of ribbon and tie a knot at one end. You can add beads or charms to the other end, or simply fold it over and glue it down to make a tassel. Kids can decorate the ribbon with markers, stickers, or washi tape to make it their own.
- Corner bookmarks: Start with a square piece of paper and fold it diagonally in half to make a triangle. Fold the two corners of the triangle up to meet at the top, then fold them down again to create a pocket. Decorate the outside with markers, stickers, or drawings.
- Popsicle stick bookmarks: Glue two popsicle sticks together in an X shape. Kids can then decorate the front and back with markers, stickers, or paint. You can also add a ribbon or tassel to the bottom to make it more fun.
- Papercraft Bookmarks: Gather up some of your favorite colored construction paper and check out numerous bookmark templates you can follow.
These are just a few ideas to get started, but there are endless possibilities when it comes to making bookmarks with kids. Encourage them to get creative and try different materials and designs to make their own unique bookmarks.
DIY Bookmark Crafts For Kids
- Kangaroo Bookmark by Frosting and Glue
- DIY Bookmarks for Kids That Are Simple & Cute – by Craftsy Hacks
- Back To School Bookmarks and Tags – by Laura Kelly
- DIY Bookworm Bookmarks – by Learn in Color
- Elf Bookmark by Frosting and Glue
- Popsicle Stick Name Bookmarks – by Homana at Home
- Turkey Bookmark for Kids by Frosting and Glue
- Cute & Easy Pokemon Bookmark Craft for Kids – by Kids Activity Blog
- How to Make a Bookmark that Looks Awesome – by Craftsy Hacks
- Dinosaur Bookmark Craft by Frosting and Glue
- DIY Pom Pom Flower Bookmark – by Two Kids and a Coupon
- Unicorn Bookmark Craft – by Messy Little Monster
- Frankenstein Bookmark by Frosting and Glue
- Monster Bookmark Craft – by Crafts by Amanda
- Bat Corner Bookmark for Halloween Reading Fun – by The Inspiration Edit
- Dracula Bookmark by Frosting and Glue
- Easy DIY Snail Bookmark Craft by Frosting and Glue
- Penguin Bookmark Craft – by Messy Little Monster
- How to Sew a Book Weight & Fabric Bookmark – by Beginners Sewing Projects
- Easy Origami Butterfly Bookmark Corner – by Red Ted Art
- How to Doodle FREE Printable Owl Bookmarks – by Creatively Beth
- Papercraft Flamingo Bookmarks by Frosting and Glue
- Glittered Resin Bookmark – by Artsy Fartsy
- Giraffe Bookmark by Frosting and Glue
- Superhero Bookmark Craft – by Messy Little Monster
- Felt Rainbow Elastic Bookmark + Free Cut File – by Artsy Fartsy
- Gingerbread Man Bookmark by Frosting and Glue
- Dr. Seuss Quote Printable with a Free Download – by Creatively Beth
- DIY Mermaid Tail Bookmark by Frosting and Glue
- Easy DIY Corner Bookmarks from Fabric – by Happiest Camper
- DIY Bunny Bookmarks by Frosting and Glue
- How To Make a Felt Cactus Bookmark – by Sum of Their Stories
- Sloth Papercraft Bookmark by Frosting and Glue
- Pressed Wildcraft Bookmark – by An Offgrid Life
- Unicorn Bookmark Tutorial – by Tikkido
- Cute as a Button Bookmarks – by Homana at Home
- Cat Bookmark Craft for Kids by Frosting and Glue
- Make Harry Potter House Inspired Bookmarks – by Laura Kelly
- How to Make a Fabric Bookmark (Reusable!) – by Seam Whisperer
- Mouse Bookmark by Frosting and Glue